Denver Gottman Couples Therapy for A Better Relationship
Want more respect, love, and passion and less conflicts and anger in your relationship?
Want more passion & share more dreams with your loved ones?
ant to be able to fight and still feel connected?
Can Help You Have A Better Relationship and Deeper Intimacy.
The Gottman Method is an evidence based form of couples therapy developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. The developers combined the knowledge and the wisdom of nearly forty years of clinical research and practice to help couples work through their conflicts and strengthen their relationship. The model offers research based interventions and exercises that are structured and goal - oriented. Clinical strategies are based on empirical study of more than 3,000 couples. that focuses on helping couples to have a deeper sense of understanding, awareness, and connectedness within their relationship.
The model looks at a relationship like a "house." The house has its pillars, foundations, and structures.
- Build Love Maps - How well do you know your partner’s inner psychological world, his or her history, worries, stresses, joys, and hopes?
- Share Fondness and Admiration - The antidote for contempt, this level focuses on the amount of affection and respect within a relationship. (To strengthen fondness and admiration, express appreciation and respect.)
- Turn Towards - State your needs, be aware of bids for connection and respond to (turn towards) them. The small moments of everyday life are actually the building blocks of relationship.
- The Positive Perspective - The presence of a positive approach to problem-solving and the success of repair attempts.
- Manage Conflict - We say “manage” conflict rather than “resolve” conflict, because relationship conflict is natural and has functional, positive aspects. Understand that there is a critical difference in handling perpetual problems and solvable problems.
- Make Life Dreams Come True - Create an atmosphere that encourages each person to talk honestly about his or her hopes, values, convictions and aspirations.
- Create Shared Meaning - Understand important visions, narratives, myths, and metaphors about your relationship.
- Trust - This is the state that occurs when a person knows that his or her partner acts and thinks to maximize that person’s best interests and benefits, not just the partner’s own interests and benefits. In other words, this means, “my partner has my back and is there for me.”
- Commitment - This means believing (and acting on the belief) that your relationship with this person is completely your lifelong journey, for better or for worse (meaning that if it gets worse you will both work to improve it). It implies cherishing your partner’s positive qualities and nurturing gratitude by comparing the partner favorably with real or imagined others, rather than trashing the partner by magnifying negative qualities, and nurturing resentment by comparing unfavorably with real or imagined others.
Denver Gottman Method Couples Therapy develop strategies and tools to help couples:
- Increase respect, affection, and closeness
- Break through and resolve conflict when they feel stuck
- Generate greater understanding between partners
- Keep conflict discussions calm
Don't Spend More Time Having the Same Arguments! Time to Learn the Skills to Have Better Communication & Stronger Connection!
Have more questions about Gottman Method? Check it out: https://www.gottman.com.
As a Denver Gottman Therapist, I want you to have all the tools and skills to build your "Relationship House."
How can The Relationship Center of Colorado help you?
- Click here for more on Denver Sex Therapy in Denver Sex Therapy/Counseling practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Marriage Counseling & Couples Therapy in Denver Relationship & Sex Therapy practice.
- Click here for more on Denver Individual Counseling/Therapy in Denver Individual therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Denver PTSD/Trauma Therapy treatment in Denver PTSD/Trauma therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Alternative Relationship Counseling in Denver Sex Therapy Practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Online Coaching/Counseling in Denver psychotherapy counseling practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Stay or Go/Discernment Counseling in Denver relationship therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Marathon Individual & Couples Counseling in Denver Relationship & Sex Therapy practice.
- Click here for more information on Denver Couples Retreat in Denver marriage relationship counseling practice.