Want more relief from your past? Want to have a better relationship with your partner without the baggages from the past? Want to sleep better?
Can Help You Have A Better, Happier Life that You Want AND Deserve.
- Are you tired of pain and feeling distressed due to your past experience?
- Do you experience nightmares because of a former event and just can't get a good night sleep?
- Do you have fear or anxiety towards certain situations, smells, sounds, people, etc.?
- Do you feel like you are fighting with your parent or someone that you know when you are fight with your partner?
- Does any of your emotional issues and past adverse experience (e.g. sexual abuse, trauma) impact your relationship with yourself, and/or with a loved one?
It can be very frustrating if you experience any of the above situations. You want to enjoy your time and move into the future that you want. It seems like however, no matter how hard you try, you are spinning the same wheel over and over again.
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Denver Therapy for Trauma
A research – supported, integrative psychotherapy approached developed by Dr. Francine Shapiro to treat symptoms of unresolved trauma and/or adverse experiences. The approach uses bilateral stimulations (BLS) to help our mind and body to unlock and let go of some of the immediate details of the experiences like pain, sounds, smells, body sensations, feelings, etc. That way we can be unstuck from our past. Using BLS also means that you do not have to talk in detail about an adverse experience for it to be digested by your mind and body, which are your natural information processing system. The approach occurs on a physiological level that allows new associations, insights, understandings, emotions, and sensations to emerge spontaneously.
Through the use of EMDR, We will only remember the events that cause present day problems like nightmares, body pain, relationship issues, etc. EMDR will release them and become distant. EMDR can delete the old memories and store the new ones with more helpful meanings and knowledge about the external world. EMDR can be helpful in reducing level of disturbance. You will develop new positive thoughts and beliefs about yourself and your experience.
Denver Therapy for PTSD/Trauma Uses EMDR to reduce symptoms related to severe experiences like:
- Auto accidents
- Sexual abuse and rape
- Early childhood trauma and injury
- Grief & Loss
- Relationship trauma
Denver EMDR for PTSD/Trauma Therapy is also effective in addressing issues and problems from home, work, and/or relationship. So, you might benefit from some EMDR therapy if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- I find it difficult to be assertive in my relationships at work or at home.
- I struggle with my body image thinking I’m fat when others think my body is thin.
- I over eat when I get emotionally upset.
- I feel anxious or depressed most of the time.
- I am experiencing some sexual dysfunction.
- I fight a lot and experience a lot of anger and panic.
- I experience somatic symptoms that doctors can’t explain.
I use EMDR in conjunction with my other modalities to help my clients face their past, learn from it, and get the life that they want. EMDR has also been helpful in my work with my couples to understand their partners’ hot buttons more, resolve their issues, and become closer and more intimate with each other
How can The Relationship Center of Colorado help you?
- Click here for more on Denver Sex Therapy in Denver Sex Therapy/Counseling practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Marriage Counseling & Couples Therapy in Denver Relationship & Sex Therapy practice.
- Click here for more on Denver Individual Counseling/Therapy in Denver Individual therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Denver PTSD/Trauma Therapy treatment in Denver PTSD/Trauma therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Alternative Relationship Counseling in Denver Sex Therapy Practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Online Coaching/Counseling in Denver psychotherapy counseling practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Stay or Go/Discernment Counseling in Denver relationship therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Marathon Individual & Couples Counseling in Denver Relationship & Sex Therapy practice.
- Click here for more information on Denver Couples Retreat in Denver marriage relationship counseling practice.
Please Contact Us for Your 15 Min Free Phone Consultation
“Changing the memories that form the way we see ourselves also changes the way we view others. Therefore, our relationships, job performance, what we are willing to do or are able to resist, all move in a positive direction.”
– Francine Shapiro, developer of Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)