Want to feel more relaxed in your body? Want more touch with your partner? Want more intimacy & Connection?
Can Help You Have A More Blissful Life!
Have you ever found yourself asking the following questions:
• I know what I need to do but I just can’t do it?
• I know I shouldn’t go for another piece of chocolate cake, but I just can’t help it.
• I thought I had worked through that experience in my life. Why am I still feeling uneasy?
• My partner and I have worked through that issue, but sometimes I still find myself feeling so angry at him/her and want to swing my arm. Why?
That’s because your mind and your body are disconnected from each other. Your brain might have known the facts or what’s the better thing to do but your body might still be stuck in the past. There might still some unresolved issues that your body wants you to know and disclose.
When we are growing up, we all experience some types of trauma and/or developmental injury. As we live through life, we gain more experience, both good and bad. Our mind and body work nonstop to store all of those experiences.
Depends on how well those experiences are processed through, they might help us to become a stronger individual and partner. They might also prevent us from taking the next step to get to where we want to be. While traditional talk therapy might help to uncover and gain some relieve from our past experience, it does not completely relieve all the symptoms and reveal all the potentials that are within us. Moreover, we might be unaware of some of our experiences as they may be or locked within our body. Traditional talk therapy may not be able to unearth the unconscious parts of us, which would only create more obstacles on our path of moving forward and feeling more complete.
Please Contact Me for Your 15 Min Free Denver Counseling/Therapy Phone Consultation Now.
"Only one therapy I know of reaches as deeply into the body as it does into the mind, and
By reaching for both, touches the soul." — Ron Kurtz, Founder of the Hakomi Method
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy™ is a body-centered approach that focuses on treating the somatic symptoms of unresolved trauma and developmental injury. The approach also aims at unlocking the potentials in all of us and deepens our positive experience in life so we can more skillfully manage our day-to-day obstacles and stress.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy™ approach utilizes your physical, mental, and emotional states to gently manage, process and relieve the physical sensations. During unpleasant situations, our body will automatically react in specific ways – fight, freeze, or flight, in order to maximize our chance of survival. However, some of theses well – meaning reactions might not have been completed or even attempted during the episodes of the events.
These incomplete responses might become stuck in our body’s nervous system and often lead to physical manifestation like slouching, shaking, or nervous tics, feelings of anxiety, depression, helplessness, or isolation, and somatic symptoms of weight gain, headache, back pain, and digestive systems.
For example, a wife might not have full express her anger and sorrow towards her partner’s betrayal. She tries to be understanding and positive because she really wants the relationship to move forward. She also does not want to experience the pain. However, her ways of responding to the betrayal meant well for herself and the relationship but she might end up feeling more depressed, disappointed, and more hyper –vigilant about her partner’s behaviors. She might also experience more digestive problems, headaches, and nightmares.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy™ approach is supported by neuroscience research. The approach is beneficial to those who have experienced:
• Anger and other emotional issues
• Relationship issues
• Adverse or unresolved issues from early stages of life
I have been using this model with my individual clients and couples to develop a more trusting relationship with their own bodies. I help them use their own bodily experiences as an entry point to become more aware of their needs and wants and improve their well–being and their intimate relationships.
I want the same for you - a more trusting, freeing, connecting relationship with yourself and your body!
How can The Relationship Center of Colorado help you?
- Click here for more on Denver Sex Therapy in Denver Sex Therapy/Counseling practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Marriage Counseling & Couples Therapy in Denver Relationship & Sex Therapy practice.
- Click here for more on Denver Individual Counseling/Therapy in Denver Individual therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Denver PTSD/Trauma Therapy treatment in Denver PTSD/Trauma therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Alternative Relationship Counseling in Denver Sex Therapy Practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Online Coaching/Counseling in Denver psychotherapy counseling practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Stay or Go/Discernment Counseling in Denver relationship therapy practice.
- Click here for information on Denver Marathon Individual & Couples Counseling in Denver Relationship & Sex Therapy practice.
- Click here for more information on Denver Couples Retreat in Denver marriage relationship counseling practice.
Please Contact Us for Your 15 Min Free Phone Consultation
The body always leads us home . . . if we can simply learn to trust sensation and stay with it long enough for it to reveal appropriate action, movement, insight, or feeling.